This blog serves as a conduit to uplift and share real life experiences with those who have the desire and thirst for spiritual growth.
Steps to Walking this Christian Journey
The Narrow Path
Now that it has been established that we believe in a higher power, how do we walk this Christian journey? How do we develop this personal relationship with Jesus? There are some practical tools that we can use to help keep us on the journey that we are called to walk according to God's grace.
1) Keep God First - There must be a strong foundation to build a structure with longevity. The taller the building is constructed, the deeper the foundation. Deuteronomy 6:14-15 instructs us to , 13 Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. 14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the Lord your God , who is among you, is a jealous God....
As you draw near to God, He will draw near to you, James 4:8.
2) Choose the Narrow Path - We are directed to seek and enter the narrow gate. According to Matthew 7:13-14, we are to 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Since we wrestle against our flesh daily, one may be more inclined to enter the wide gate and broad road. This may seem more attainable, desirable, accepted and frankly easier. However, the small and narrow gate may not be as appealing, seek and find that gate anyway, enter into it, and walk the narrow road to life! Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. (John 14:6). In fact a couple of weeks ago, we had a fire reported in our building. All of the employees that occupied this fifteen story building were instructed to find the nearest exit. As we traveled down the stairs, sometimes we would come to a complete halt or bottle neck in the flow as masses of people traveled down to get to the first level to exit the building. For those of us on the thirteenth floor, it was a long journey down those flights of stairs, but I would often notice that there was a flow hear and there, foot steps clattering with a rhythm, all headed in the same direction. The descent was one of relief and liberation when we all reached the last step and exited the building. Even though the narrow path may take some maneuvers that may be uncomfortable for the moment, keep walking. The race is not won by the swift, but by the one who endures to the end.
3) Stay Truthful - As Jesus was so many times questioned by the Pharisees, he directed this answer to the Jews who believed him. In John 8:31-32, Jesus said, “31 If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 14: 15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. There will be times when you will be questioned, the decisions you make, the actions you take, and believe it or not your authenticity may be questioned. However, what's in the dark will soon come to the light. Stay rooted and grounded in the Word. Don't compromise where you are for where God has planned for you to go.
4) Renew Your Mind Daily - There are so many distractions and events that we can easily get caught up in the middle of and lose focus, substance and drain us. Romans 12: 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will. Living according to and staying in God's will is attainable by renewing it daily with the Word of God.
5) Seek and Save the Lost - Do I need to find something that I have in my hand? No, it has already been found. We are God's children, you and I. He wants the very best for us. He has laid out this plan, the instructions, a guide to help us along this journey. We are his sheep, He is the Good Shepherd. Jesus often times taught in parables, which are moral or religious stories: a short simple story intended to illustrate a moral or religious lesson. As Jesus is speaking to the disciples in The Parable of the Lost Sheep found in Matthew 18:11-14, 12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.
Lord we thank you for your grace and mercy to teach and guide us according to your Word. Give us the resolve to keep you first in our lives, choose the narrow path less traveled, stay truthful, renew our minds daily, and seek and save the lost to share the Good News! You are the source and the strength of our lives. You receive all the glory and honor. "In Jesus Name", Amen!
Depression can hinder a person from fulfilling his/her full potential. It can bring detriment to family members who watch their loved ones fall into this pit of a depressed state. When one loses hope, it can easily be a doorway to depression-a mental decline, a loss of interest, withdrawal.
I know there is power in prayer and I want to pray against this spirit that not only has plagued people who are close to me, but I've had to cast it down, as well. I know that God sent his only Son so that we may have life and have it more abundantly. He wants us to be filled with love, joy, peace, faith, hope, and desire. So, let's stretch our hands to the screen today and pray against the spirit of depression and where two or three are gathered, He will be in the midst. Let's Pray...
Dear Father God, We thank you for who You are. We adore You for being an all powerful and loving God. We praise you in the morning, noon, and evening. Wherever our foot thread, we ask that you be with us an…
Sometimes we tend to get stuck. Literally, stuck on where we are in life, relationships, with our studies, our drive for God, finances. Whatever the case may be, sometimes we get stuck. Well, the Lord revealed to me just five minutes ago, to pick that dream back up again. Yes, start where you are. Don't worry about the time lost or opportunities lost. Pick that dream back up, that book you started writing, make some relationships right, go back to school, teach the Word. As long as you are graced with "today", you can pick it back up again. You are still here for a reason. A reason to glorify God and live as a light onto this World. Pick up the pieces and GO out and make a difference! Picking it up by God's grace, ~LaKenya
have a sense of needing to be affirmed. Whether it stems from neglect, whether
by one's own will or the will of others, we like to be told that we are
appreciated, blessed, needed, or wanted. Often times, we seek this affirmation
from the World. Social media is inundated with all kinds of affirmations.
Whatever you want, you can find it there; good, bad, or indifferent.
Where should we be seeking acceptance and affirmation? It should be from the
Word of God. The Word of God is the basis for genuine authentic affirmation. Deuteronomy
LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands
of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you
will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 1 Peter
you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special
possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of
darkness into his wonderful light. Numbers
LORD make his face s…