Skip to main content

Trusting in Him






As I reflect upon the last few months of studying the Word of God and thinking about certain turn of events, I decided to trust God to help me make the decisions that He wants me to make, the connections He orchestrates, the conversations He wants me to partake in, the missions He wants me to pursue. Sometimes people tend to look at the outer persona and cast opinions, speculations, and even misconceptions based on their own perspective. God told me to stay humble and trust Him to work things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Sure, the flesh is wrestling with the spiritual persona everyday, and if I don't carefully watch it, the flesh may get an edge over the spiritual persona. Now, I'm understanding that I must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Truth is what God stood for, taught, and even sacrificed so that you and I are free from darkness and can walk in the light. It's available to us! Will we recognize the truth when it presents itself? Underneath the masking and fluff, there is this lady who doesn't know how to pursue her dream because she was never taught that she is blessed and highly favored. There is the man confused about His position, because he was never exposed to the concept of his rightful dominion over the birds in the air and the fish in the sea. In addition, there are children wondering without a clear direction of purpose.

We just concluded a study of the power of a praying woman in my Sunday Bible Study class which not only taught me more about the importance of having a strong relationship with God and prayer life, but it also highlighted the importance of putting on the new creature (new clothes) and living according to God's will. Praying and seeking God's guidance is the key to fulfilling the destiny that has already been ordained.

Remain in Him and He will remain in You!

Trusting in the one and true God,
Blessings,
LaKenya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

  Thank You DFA and Family   This serves as a “Thank You” to all of you who are reading this right now. Today is my last day at DFA. Although some of you were here when I came to DFA back in June of 2000, many have retired or moved on to various other assignments. Some have come after I started with DFA. I have had the opportunity over the last few weeks to execute a brief version of a succession plan. What usually takes years, I had to condense in a few weeks. However, I feel assured that the work of DFA will continue with excellence. I did not want any of you to worry about how you were getting paid, so I preferred to work until my last day and think of it as a “see you soon” rather than a "good bye". Good byes are not my forte, because they seem so final. So, I will see you soon. I will be rooting for you and know that DFA will succeed. The years and seasons have gone by so quickly. Time surely waits for no one. As a nation and state, we find ourselves still in the m

Don't Waste Your Time...

Don't waste your time arguing with or listening to people who are argumentative by nature. Some people will "argue with a stop sign", that's what they use to say in the old days. Just ignore the noise and focus on other things that are more important. Let the small stuff go! There are many more urgent things going on that require more attention. Let us take a look at John chapter nine. Here, Jesus heals a man who was blind at birth and the Pharisees were trying to find out every thing they could to find fault in the miraculous thing Jesus did for this man. First, the disciples asked Jesus, what sin did the man commit? John 9:1 - As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answers, 3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him w

What profits a Person to Gain the Whole World?

What Profits a Person to Gain the Whole World and lose his/her soul? The soul is deemed integral or essential to consciousness and personality . As I contemplate on this thought, I have to take a look in the mirror at myself. With any evaluation made, one must first perform a self assessment , which equates to self-awareness . Knowing where you stand on a particular subject or how you feel about a particular topic, first requires some soul searching and getting to know SELF . So, I ponder and pray sometimes about the direction God wants me to take; about the decisions God wants me to make; about the work God wants me to do; about the associations God wants me involved in; about the influences God wants me to have on others; about the thoughts God wants me to write; and about the people God wants me to touch; then I pick up my Bible to read and He reveals some of these things that I ponder over. Oftentimes, I may not know where to start, but He leads me to where he wants me to g

Hold Tight

While driving along the highway in the mist of a wind storm or heavy thunderstorm, the first thought may be to pull over along the side of the road and wait for the conditions to become more favorable for driving. With the wind gusts blowing the car from left to right or the heavy raindrops pounding against the windshields, visibility decreases; likewise, the desire to hold the steering wheel a little tighter increases as the gusts carry the car along the road. What is the consequence of pulling over and waiting this thing out? In the mist of adversity, there is a covering that is extended to the chosen. In Psalm 91: 5-8, the Psalmist writes about the protection against the adversary. Those that come up against you will not prevail. They will fall to either side, but not come near. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side,