Skip to main content

Believe

We believe in many things. Some things we believe are conditional, based on something else happening. For example, we believe that some people are popular on Instagram because they have thousand or millions of followers. In essence, the World has taken a stance that popularity is good. Anyone who has a lot of followers sets the benchmark. People will mimic or try to duplicate postings based on the popularity of others to attract more followers, thus seeking and longing for acceptance. 

What if we have millions of followers seeking the same acceptance by believing in Jesus Christ? We would have a whole new example or standard of acceptance and would undoubtedly lead to less confusion, turmoil, strife, disappointment and oppression. There are many accounts in the Bible where God employs our attention to believe in Him - God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God wants us to take Him at face value, what you see is what you get. His word is our bond. It is worth more than any silver and gold can buy. The Bible and words on the page set the foundation for this belief. The ability to know that something is true based on an innate feeling and confirmation by the Holy Spirit is what channels this belief. Jesus is the word in the flesh. Many times we do not believe that something exists until we see it with our own eyes. 

I think God knew that because He created us and He knows us better than we know ourselves. So, Jesus in the flesh came so that we can see in order to believe. God did not stop with the Word, He made the Word flesh and went further to allow Jesus to live through us by sending us the Holy Spirit. So, whether you have the Word, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, the foundation of believing is evident. Let us choose this day to believe God and share that belief with all those who have the desire to hear. 

John 14:10 Jesus says: "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake" (King James Version). 

Jesus is talking to His disciplines and He is basically telling them to believe that the father is in me and I am not here on my own accord, but by the power of the Father that lives within Him. Then, He went on to say better yet believe me because of the works you have seen me do. What else could He do to reassure the disciples and us that He was who He said He was. The answer lies within us. We have a choice. We can either choose to believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior because He said it Himself or believe because He actually did the works. Either way I can not help but to believe. 

Mark 16:16 assures us that "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (New King James Version). 

We can not save ourselves. If we could, we would not need a savior. Jesus would not have needed to come and pay the ultimate price for our sins. Therefore, it is imperative that we believe in Jesus and live each day of our lives to please Him. Walking in our purpose is a topic for another post, but we will simply believe that Jesus is Lord over our lives and that we are saved by grace through our faith in Him, Jesus Christ

We proclaim today that we believe and will bear witness to that belief to anyone who desires to also believe. 

Prayer for today: 

Dear Lord,
We thank You for your many sacrifices on our behalf. We thank you that you died on the cross for the pardon of our sins. We proclaim today and everyday that we believe in you, your Word, and thankful for the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in all truth. There may be distractions, but we will not yield to them. For we know that in our weakness, You are strong. We ask You to strengthen us Dear Lord, to withstand and walk in belief so that we may be saved. Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. The desire to continually believe is made strong as we continue to study your Word and rest in Your presence. In your presence there is liberty. Great is Your goodness. We love You for who You are. We thank you for your patience with us. Forgive us for any unbelief we may have demonstrated in the past. Today, we proclaim that we are indeed saved because we believe in you. We thank You for Your unconditional love and as we go forth today, we will share everything that You have done for us and bear witness that You are the only way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through You. 

In Jesus' Mighty Name we pray, 
Amen

Believing in You Alone, 
~ LaKenya 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

  Thank You DFA and Family   This serves as a “Thank You” to all of you who are reading this right now. Today is my last day at DFA. Although some of you were here when I came to DFA back in June of 2000, many have retired or moved on to various other assignments. Some have come after I started with DFA. I have had the opportunity over the last few weeks to execute a brief version of a succession plan. What usually takes years, I had to condense in a few weeks. However, I feel assured that the work of DFA will continue with excellence. I did not want any of you to worry about how you were getting paid, so I preferred to work until my last day and think of it as a “see you soon” rather than a "good bye". Good byes are not my forte, because they seem so final. So, I will see you soon. I will be rooting for you and know that DFA will succeed. The years and seasons have gone by so quickly. Time surely waits for no one. As a nation and state, we find ourselves still in the m

Don't Waste Your Time...

Don't waste your time arguing with or listening to people who are argumentative by nature. Some people will "argue with a stop sign", that's what they use to say in the old days. Just ignore the noise and focus on other things that are more important. Let the small stuff go! There are many more urgent things going on that require more attention. Let us take a look at John chapter nine. Here, Jesus heals a man who was blind at birth and the Pharisees were trying to find out every thing they could to find fault in the miraculous thing Jesus did for this man. First, the disciples asked Jesus, what sin did the man commit? John 9:1 - As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answers, 3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him w

What profits a Person to Gain the Whole World?

What Profits a Person to Gain the Whole World and lose his/her soul? The soul is deemed integral or essential to consciousness and personality . As I contemplate on this thought, I have to take a look in the mirror at myself. With any evaluation made, one must first perform a self assessment , which equates to self-awareness . Knowing where you stand on a particular subject or how you feel about a particular topic, first requires some soul searching and getting to know SELF . So, I ponder and pray sometimes about the direction God wants me to take; about the decisions God wants me to make; about the work God wants me to do; about the associations God wants me involved in; about the influences God wants me to have on others; about the thoughts God wants me to write; and about the people God wants me to touch; then I pick up my Bible to read and He reveals some of these things that I ponder over. Oftentimes, I may not know where to start, but He leads me to where he wants me to g

Keep Your Head Up~

There are situations and people who we may come across or encounter that attempt to still the joy and positive forces that God so freely gives to all of us. What benefits a person to look on the down side of everything and live in such defeat? It would be so easy to slip away into this state of euphoria and block out these rays of counter forces, but God wants us to be bold and release the truth into the lives of these people. Acquiring and sustaining such a state of what I call "Euphoria" is available. 2Corinthians 3:17 states "Now the Lord is the Spirit ; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty ." Furthermore in verse 18, it reads "But we all, with unveiled face , beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory , just as by the Spirit of the Lord." Unveiling and taking off the mask of defeat, opens up a whole new awakening to the truth. The Spirit of the Lord equals liberty